Delivery of sand, stone, building materials, ready-mix concrete
Our aim is to deliver sand, stone, building materials, ready-mix concrete and small civil works anywhere in the Garden Route area.
Plant Hire & Earthworks
– Before construction on a site can begin there are a few factors that should be brought into consideration. These considerations include but are not limited to the following:
- Environmental authorization is required where applicable.
- Approval of building plans. Engineering plans and appointments where applicable.
- Estate approvals and conditions if building in an estate.
- Site should be cleared of all vegetation, trees, scrubs, old building underground structures or any other obstacles where applicable.
All site conditions have different circumstances. Site workers can then begin to prepare the site for building such as topsoil removal, excavations, filling, rock removal, etc. Certain machines such as excavators or digger loaders/tlb’s are used for these different types of work depending on the size of work and conditions of site and area.
In earthmoving “Cut and fill” is a process in which the excavated material on site is used to fill and compact certain areas on the site which is lower than the desired level. This is determined by soil testing at an accredited laboratory and by the approval of the engineer. Not all materials excavated on site are suitable for fill applications. If the material on site is not suitable it should be “spoiled” or removed and replaced by suitable material.
A fill refers to a volume of earthen material that is placed and compacted for the purpose of filling in a hole or platform. Embankments or fills are made up of materials that usually consist of soil, but may also include
aggregate, rock or sand material.
Sand and Stone
Crushed stone materials are crushed and screened to use for different applications. Crushed stone is mostly used for concrete applications such as concrete mixers. It can also be used for draining purposes and for covering driveways and more. Other crushed stone materials such as G2, G4, G5, G6 and G7 are used as road construction materials. Laser works for under paving and concrete / driveways. Also used for filling of platforms, foundations, sidewalks, walkways etc. Different load sizes can be delivered.
Sand – three different types of sand are produced for different applications.
- Building sand – is most commonly used for making mortar. Mortar is a mixture of sand, cement and water which are thoroughly mixed and placed between bricks to build walls and structures. Building sand is also used for concrete purposes as well as various other applications.
- Plaster sand – is most commonly used for the plastering of internal and external walls. Plaster sand can be mixed with river sand in different radios to create a rough surface or scratch plaster.
- Filling sand – is used for concrete mixers, filling under and around pipes, screeds, under paving, fill applications and many more.
Ready mix or Dry mix – Is a mixture of either 13mm or 19mm stone and river sand and can be used in the construction industry for on-site batching solution where ready-mix concrete is not an option. For smaller concrete
volumes portable concrete mixers are often used so that the concrete can be made at the construction site, giving the workers ample time to use the concrete before it sets. An alternative to a portable mixer is mixing concrete by hand but has the disadvantage of being labour intensive and unreliable. We can deliver loads of 1m³ to 6m³ directly to your building
Concrete products – A concrete plant, also known as a batch plant or a concrete batching plant is a computerised plant that combines various materials in certain ratios to form concrete. These materials usually include water, admixtures, sand, aggregate (stone, gravel, etc.), fly ash or slag, and cement.
Concrete that is specifically batched or manufactured for customers or construction projects either from 10mpa to 40mpa, and up to 6 cubic meter loads can be delivered directly to your building site. A typical concrete mixer truck uses a revolving drum to mix or agitate the components constantly to ensure its workability while being transported to site.
Should you require a mix design that is outside of the normal parameters, feel free to contact our qualified team for your tailor-made solution to fit your engineer’s requirements or specifications.
A concrete boom pump – is a piece of equipment that is used for transferring wet concrete from a concrete truck to get to foundations, floors, walls, decks, columns, etc. This piece of equipment is mounted to a truck for mobility and can save time and effort. Unfortunately, not all sites can be reached but one of our qualified staff will visit the site before bookings are made to assess the conditions. Multiple pumps can be used for larger, difficult projects or for further distances.